A fiance proposing to his girlfriend spelled out ‘Marry Me?’ in more than 100 candles for his girlfriend, but it soon turned to disaster when he burned down their flat.
Albert Ndreu spent two weeks meticulously planning his perfect proposal after buying a ring for Valerija Madevic according to a report by The Mirror.
The 26-year-old had decided to surprise his sweetheart by filling their living room with over candles and around 100 tealights and roughly 60 balloons. Some of the lights he used to spell out ‘Marry Me?’ on the floor.
Albert then went out to pick up his love to bring her home for the surprise, but after he left the flat caught fire.
Three fire crews rushed to the scene at roughly 8.30 pm after Valerija saw clouds of dark smoke emanating from their flat’s door in Sheffield, Yorks.
However, Albert was undeterred and got down on one knee in the charred room and asked the love of his life if she would marry him
With sirens wailing in the distance and their flat engulfed in flames, the love-struck girlfriend said the all-important ‘yes’.
The flat saw the studio flat gutted by flames or smoke damage. Albert said:
I WAS PLANNING THE PROPOSAL FOR OVER TWO WEEKS – I KEPT STRUGGLING TO FIND THE RIGHT THING TO DO TO MARK THE SPECIAL MOMENT. I WANTED TO DO SOMETHING FROM MY HEART EVEN IF IT DIDN’T GO EXACTLY AS PLANNED. VALERIJA ALWAYS SAYS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THE SMALL GESTURES EVERY DAY, BUT I WANTED TO DO SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR THE PROPOSAL. I BOUGHT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING, WHICH WAS THE RING, AND I JUST NEEDED TO MAKE SURE THE DAY WAS PERFECT. IT DIDN’T GO EXACTLY AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD BUT SHE SAID YES, SO I THINK THE DAY TOOK AN UNEXPECTED TURN BUT ENDED UP EXACTLY HOW I WANTED IT TO. I WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT EVERYTHING GOING WRONG I NEVER IMAGINED I COULD SET THE HOUSE ON FIRE. BUT IT WILL ALWAYS BE AN UNFORGETTABLE DAY FOR US AND A STORY WHICH WILL BE AMAZING TO TELL OUR CHILDREN.